Marcel Kramer spent his entire professional career in the international oil and gas industry after holding several posts related to energy in international organizations. In October 2015 he was appointed President of the Energy Delta Institute (EDI). The main focus of EDI is executive education for those who work in the field of energy. He is a longstanding member of the Council of the International Gas Union (IGU) where he acts as Regional Coordinator for Russia, the Black Sea region and the Caspian.
His main involvement with Russia over the past 15 years included:
- arranging for and leading the participation of Gasunie as a shareholder in the Nord Stream pipeline;
- Member of the Supervisory Board Nord Stream pipeline;
- Member of the Supervisory Board and later President of Energy Delta Institute, with extensive cooperation with Gazprom, Novatek and other Russian companies and institutions in Executive Education in the field of Energy;
- Vice president /Coordinator of the International Gas Union with special responsibility for Russia, the Caspian and the Black Sea;
- CEO of the South Stream Pipeline JV Company in Zug, Switzerland and Amsterdam;
- Participanti9on in the work of the Project Delta Group;
- Representative to the International Business Congress;
- Participant of the Dutch Business delegation in several State visits;
- Sponsor of the founding of the Hermitage in Amsterdam;
- Initiator and Participant of numerous other activities and events bringing together Russian and Dutch participants from institutions and corporations;
- and promotor of an active and constructive dialogue at the national and international level.